On August 13 – 16, 2019, SaskTech is offering educators a unique opportunity to bridge the gap between classroom instruction and the thriving tech scene in the province.
This is an opportunity for educators to:
• Experience interactive workshops on tech entrepreneurship and in-house presentations on software development.
• Connect with the diverse technology companies in the province and explore the links between them and the classroom.
• Be introduced to exciting career opportunities available in the tech sector and the resources that will empower their students to take advantage of these opportunities.
What Will Happen?
This four-day event will feature:
• Tours at some of the provinces’ brightest tech companies.
• An interactive workshop with Co.Labs, a technology incubator for early-stage tech startups, where educators will receive a crash course on how to start a tech company.
• Talks by individuals who will discuss the role of coding in the curriculum and the resources educators can access to deliver it to their students.
• Two days of firsthand programming experience that will introduce educators to website, software and app development skills.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be fully covered for teachers coming from outside Saskatoon. Rooms will be booked at the Holiday Inn Express on College Drive. Lunch will be provided for all participants on each of the four days.
Please be sure to sign up early, as seats are limited. You can use the following form to Register
Teachers are also invited to access the online course and resource site hosted by the USask Computer Science Department. This course is provided as a “community of practice” to allow teachers to connect and hone their computer science skills year-round and at their own pace.
More information will be provided to those who register, but you can also contact Dr. Jeff Long for further details:
- Schedule and Map (TBA)